This workshop will be real interactive learning with Jonathan Carr of Weather NJ. Discuss – what will the winter 2017-2018 be like? Learn from the expert and learn how he assembles the forecast. Lecture with Q&A.
Saturday, November 11th at 11:00 am
Pre-session Observation of Veterans Day at the LBIF Memorial Garden at 11:00 am
- Why do we have weather and climate?
- What’s the difference?
- Air masses of Earth Frontal boundaries and atmospheric drivers
- Low pressure vs high pressure at different altitudes
- Upper-level prognostication Hurricanes (the Cape Verde System), nor’easters and blizzards
- Micro-climate and synoptic influence of the Atlantic Ocean
- Overview of LBIF weather station
- How you can use the LBIF weather station for forecasting and reporting